The rejected proposal would have ensured all Aeroplan Miles be transferred into Air Canada's new loyalty program.
Air Canada, The Toronto-Dominion Bank, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, and Visa Canada Corporation recently announced that Aimia Inc. has rejected their proposal to acquire its Aeroplan loyalty business disclosed on July 25, 2018. The parties had set a deadline of August 2, 2018 for Aimia to accept the proposal.
The proposal would have ensured value and continuity for Aeroplan members as well as customers of Air Canada, TD, CIBC and Visa. It would have also allowed Aeroplan Miles to transfer into Air Canada's new loyalty program in 2020.
Aimia has since annouced new partnerships with Porter Airlines, Air Transat and Flair Airlines.
- More value for your Aeroplan Miles
- Air Canada updates schedule through July in response to ongoing grounding of Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft
- Tips for Traveling with Your Boss
- WestJet updates penalty and service fees
- Brazil Eliminates Visa Requirements
- Top Ways to Survive Air Travel
- Air Canada grounds Boeing Max 8s until at least July 1
- Marriott Cancellation Policy Loses Flexibility for Business Travellers
- Top ways to survive the busy air travel season
- New WestJet Summer Schedule + Dreamliner Domestic Service