Here is what you need to know if you travel with a "smart bag".
Here is what you need to know if you travel with a "smart bag". A smart bag is a bag that has built-in charging, location tracking or other battery-powered technology.
You may bring your 'smart bag' onto the plane with you, provided it meets carry-on baggage size restrictions.
On smaller aircraft where carry-on bags must be placed in the cargo hold, you will need to remove the battery and bring the battery into the cabin with you.
If you plan on checking your ‘smart bag’, you will first need to remove the battery and bring the battery into the cabin with you. Air Canada will not accept your bag as checked baggage if the battery cannot be removed.
- Arriving Fresh: Combatting Jet Lag
- Air Canada celebrates Aeroplan's 35th anniversary with biggest contest ever
- Air Canada Café opens at Toronto Pearson Airport
- New Air Passenger Protection Regulations now in force
- Canada issues travel advisory for Hong Kong
- Air Canada announces first two New Routes to be operated with game changing Airbus A220-300
- NEW! Seasonal flights to New Zealand
- Air Canada enhanced check-in process
- ADM Aéroports de Montréal unveils new brand platform
- WestJet - Buy Business, get Gold