As road warriors know, the travel experience can often make the difference between a productive and non-productive trip.
As road warriors know, the travel experience can often make the difference between a productive and non-productive trip. Here are a few ways companies can help travellers become more savvy, have more pleasant travel experiences, and ultimately be more productive while on the road!
1. Have a travel policy that balances traveller experience with cost savings:
Recent surveys indicate that business travelers say the quality of their business travel experience impacts their business results. Additionally, 79% say their business travel experience even impacts their overall job satisfaction. There are plenty of other ways to find cost savings (like monitoring advance purchase behavior or effectively managing unused ticket credits) while still leaving room for things that show your travelers you care (like allowing upgraded seating on long flights).
2. Consider choosing flights with Wifi
Not all flights or airlines/routes have planes with Wifi. Having access to Wifi allows business travellers to remain connected and get work done. At UNIGLOBE Travel we can advise which flights have wifi and which do not.
3. Make clearing airport security lines a little easier
If you're travelling to the US, visit the TSA Screening page as a refresher on what is and is not allowed in your carry on luggage. Encourage travellers to sign up for Nexus/Global Entry programs, most airports now have dedicated security lines for travellers enrolled in this program.
4. Manage travellers airline status
By achieving status on one or two main airlines you will have access to things like airport lounges, perks and offers not available to the general public. If achieving status is not possible then consider purchasing lounge passes at Priority Pass Lounges for frequent travellers. Lounge benefits include free wifi, charging stations, snacks and more, and access can be a big benefit in terms of productivity so you may want to look at your travel policy to see if certain trips could qualify.
Please contact us today for more tips on how you can shape your travel policy to achieve both cost savings and traveller productivity!
- More value for your Aeroplan Miles
- Air Canada updates schedule through July in response to ongoing grounding of Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft
- Tips for Traveling with Your Boss
- WestJet updates penalty and service fees
- Brazil Eliminates Visa Requirements
- Top Ways to Survive Air Travel
- Air Canada grounds Boeing Max 8s until at least July 1
- Marriott Cancellation Policy Loses Flexibility for Business Travellers
- Top ways to survive the busy air travel season
- New WestJet Summer Schedule + Dreamliner Domestic Service